Kingswood House is a grade II listed building in south Dulwich; at the southerly tip of Southwark, almost bordering on Bromley, Lewisham, Lambeth and Croydon; and is only 15 minutes from Victoria by train.
The House contains a library and function rooms for weddings, conferences and community events. There is also a radio station recording room, and offices for rental to small businesses.
The building was first commissioned in 1811 by William Vizard, a well-connected solicitor who leased 30 acres from Dulwich College. The house was extended in the 1890s by John Lawson Johnston, the inventor of Johnston’s Fluid Beef . In the 1950s It was aquired, along with the land, by the local authority in the 1950s who built the Kingswood Estate around it.
It is now owned and managed by Southwark Council. Information about booking rooms and events taking place can be found on the council’s website at: http://www.southwark.gov.uk/heritage-and-local-history/historic-southwark/kingswood-house